Friday 9 April 2010

Thunder Road

Hello world

First off, the title of this blog in no way relates to the post, its just the sun is out and it seems fitting to be listening to Bruce Springsteen whilst I sit in my shaded room.

Moving on swiftly, I have recently completed a few things for a new venue in Nottingham called Spanky Van Dykes. From my pitch that I sent to them they selected my hand-rendered type face as their main logo. They also picked an illustration from the batch to use for their menus, which was a bonus. Hopefully I'll be able to head back at some point to grab some photos of the joint but their opening party sounds like its going to be a riot...

Whilst you're down there I can strongly recommend the Star City exhibition at Nottingham Contemporary. The exhibition is dedicated to the art that fronted the Soviet Sphere's race to the moon and their complete fascination with sci-fi and space. The exhibition combines a nice mix of poster-art, sound and film installations, sculpture and photography, so there is something for everybody.

That leads me nicely onto my next segment; my friend and No Culture Icons head honcho Liam Henry has just uploaded a sweet new selection of photos onto his Blogspot. I'm not sure if I was aware of this as another output of Liam's great work but this blog is well worth a quick visit. Do that by clicking here.

And finally, I purchased an old camera a few weeks back and have finally gotten around to sorting out some film for it. It cost me £20 with 2 lenses, a flash, a case and some creative filters that look like they're from the '70's. All this from Leeds finest charity shop; Poverty Aid. Thank you old friend... This weekend I'm off to Knaresborough and after looking at Liam's photography, I'm feeling quite inspired. I doubt they'll turn out any good but I'm looking forward to going a bit snap happy.

Hope y'all have a good weekend!

No comments: