Wednesday 15 September 2010

Constellations

Oh, hello there.

Although announced on Monday across various web platform's like NME, Drowned in Sound and The Fly it gives me great pleasure to reveal that the travelling poster art circus that is Poster Roast, is Leeds-bound.

I have joined the Poster Roast team to assist in co-ordinating the exhibition, which will be taking place in conjunction with the utterly fantastic looking Constellations Festival.

If you have a look at some pictures from past Roasts, you'll get the idea of what can be expected at the University for the exhibition. There'll be live screen-printing, original screen-printed posters on display by a wealth of UK artists, who will be on site selling their goods and able to offer further insight into the world of screen-printing.

The festival looks too good to be true too, since I love Broken Social Scene and Les Savy Fav. Not to mention having soft spots for Four Tet, Liars and Spectrals, it looks like a real winner of a day!

So, see you there then?

Next onto the poster that I screen-printed for Wolf Parade for their gig at the Brudenell Social Club last week. Well, the show was fantastic and the band were really super friendly.

I sold quite a few posters at the show (which is always nice) and now you can buy them from my Big Cartel store for £10.

And if you're the sort of person who loves to buy posters but doesn't really like trawling through the high street trying to find frames, then these are cropped to perfectly fit in the very affordable 16" x 20" Wilkinsons frames, as shown above. Gee, ain't I good to you?

This week, I'm going to be turning my attention to producing a couple of pieces for an exhibition taking place in Manchester called Customer Circus, curated by Taneesha Ahmed. Its part of a week long Festival taking place at various venues in the city between Friday the 1st of October and Friday the 8th.

The brief for the exhibition is very relevant, relating to emerging artists who are working during the socio-economic conditions of the recession. So I'm currently putting together some ideas which I'll try to reveal later in the week but needless to say, I am rather excited for the event.

Just a news barrage today then. Now, back to work!

1 comment:

Sarah Reid said...

excited for the exhibition today!! xxx